Become a Donor

All of Main Street Theater’s programs are fully professional, offering theater experiences year-round you cannot find anywhere else in Houston – and sometimes in the US. The MainStage was the first to present productions like The Coast of Utopia and Wolf Hall outside of New York, while The Last Wife, The Revolutionists, and Men on Boats are just a few of the works by female writers that you would not see in Houston if we weren’t doing them. Reaching over 130,000 students, our Theater for Youth provides over 40,000 free or discounted tickets to underserved schoolchildren EACH YEAR and offers special accommodations performances for children on the autism spectrum or with visual or hearing impairments. Our Education Department is in schools across the city teaching math, science, Language Arts, and more, and we have over 1,000 kiddos in our summer camps each year.

Due to the quality and success of Main Street Theater's (MST) programming and its popularity with theater-lovers, teachers, students, children, and families, our ticket sales, class tuition, and fundraising from special events make up about 70% of our income. For the remaining 30%, MST relies upon the generosity of people like you, giving us the necessary support to create and grow our ambitious productions and inspiring educational programs.

For more information on how you can become a MST Donor please contact Ellen Sanborn at 713-524-3622 or esanborn@mainstreettheater.com and ask how you too can support MST.

Privacy Policy Statement:
Main Street Theater uses the personal information it collects to process your orders, to notify you of play changes and updates, and to notify you of upcoming productions and special events. Please be assured that your personal information will not be shared with any other organization.

To view our most recent 990, please visit GuideStar.org

Become a Volunteer

One of the best ways to support Main Street Theater is to become a volunteer. There are many ways to help out at MST. During the week volunteers can help with mailings, answering phones and folding programs.

The most popular way to volunteer is to usher for one of our productions. Ushers help take tickets, seat patrons, stuff and hand out programs. And the best part is, ushers can see the show for free! If you would like to volunteer to usher, please contact Andrew Ruthven at aruthven@mainstreettheater.com.

Fulfill a Wish

Wish List:
15” – 17” Flat panel computer monitors



Plan Your Visit
Join MST-Mail
Donate Now
Contact Us
Privacy Policy
Find us on Facebook