COVID 2020 PARENT SUMMER CAMP FAQs
- Will Main Street Theater still have camps this summer?
We are moving forward at this time with all of our scheduled camps at all locations.
- When will you decide for sure about camps?
We are closely following city, county, and state guidelines as well as CDC recommendations for our timetables and decision making. The health of our campers, staff, and partner locations are our number one priority. MST is moving forward with expectations for holding all our camps starting in June.
- What will camps look like when you open?
We plan to keep our structure of our two week and one week camps. Summer Camp 2020 will follow all recommended health and safety guidelines issued by public officials, including but not limited to:
- Regular disinfecting and sanitation of camp facilities
- Hand sanitizer in common areas and classrooms
- Regular trips to hand washing stations
- Additional staff to support cleaning, sanitizing, and care of camp health
- Coordinated curbside drop-off and pickup, limiting camp entrance to essential staff, campers, and authorized personnel
- Temperature monitoring for all staff and campers upon entrance
- Are you offering refunds?
As per the policies, refunds are available for cancellations one month before the first day of the first camp minus a $50.00 admin fee. After one month we can credit for a future class. If, in the end, we have to cancel camp due to the impact of COVID-19, we will be happy to provide you with a refund of camp tuition minus administration and processing fees. In lieu of a refund, we can provide you with a full credit that can be applied toward any future class or camp, pending availability.
- Is there a chance camps may be online?
We are examining all possibilities during this time and will keep you informed as soon as we have made concrete decisions. In the meantime, we invite you to play along at home with our Collaborative Classroom videos available now!
Our door is always open. Contact Jonathan Minchew-Gonzalez, Director of Education and Youth Engagement: