Main Street Theater BIPOC Fellowship Program
Main Street Theater’s Fellowship Program is a paid artistic leadership development program for early-career BIPOC individuals. Applicants will submit a resume and portfolio and three candidates will be selected in April of 2022. The selected fellows will be assigned to a production either with the MainStage or Theater for Youth programs in their area of interest (Directing, Design, or Stage Management) while being given access to additional professional development opportunities within the Main Street Theater organization.
In addition, Fellows will participate in cohort meetings led by Main Street Theater’s Artistic Inclusion and Community Engagement Director. As part of the Fellowship cohort, participants will receive hands-on experience and mentorship from accomplished Houston-based theater professionals. Through this program, Fellows will develop important leadership skills and build a network for their future work.
Application Information & Important Dates
Application Deadline | April 15, 2022
Candidate Interviews | April 15-10, 2022
Fellowship Date Range | May 2022-September 2022
See full application below.
- Identifies as Black, Indigenous, Person of Color
- Resides in Houston or the surrounding area
- Must have reliable transportation
- Applicant’s experience must indicate their intention to pursue a professional career in theater
- Applicants can be college students
- $1,000 stipend is provided to each Fellow
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- Complimentary tickets to Main Street Theater productions
- Mentorship opportunities at Main Street Theater and in the Houston theatre community
For more information, please contact Sloane Teagle, Artistic Inclusion and Community Engagement Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org